RDNHS Photographic Competition
Christmas Party, 18th December 2018
Rules for exhibitors
- The competition is open to all members of the Reading & District Natural History Society.
- Each photograph should show some aspect of natural history, in one of the eight categories defined below.
- Members can enter at most 2 photos per category in a maximum of six of the eight categories.
- Each photo must have a maximum side length of 7 inches (178mm). Please write your name on the back.
- Only minor editing, such as cropping and resizing, lightening or darkening or sharpening, is permitted.
- Photographs may have been taken at any time, but must not have been entered in a previous RDNHS competition.
Rules for judging
- Each member attending the exhibition is allowed one vote per category and two votes for the overall best in show.
- Votes must be written on the voting forms, and submitted in time for the final count.
- Winners will be announced at the end of the evening; the winner of each category will be the photograph with the most votes.
- In the event of a tie the President will be invited to choose a winner.
- Small is Beautiful: something small.
- Three of a Kind: three related subjects, on the same photo.
- Nature in Action.
- Colour Prejudice: anything brightly coloured.
- Pattern Perfect: pattern rather than colour is important here.
- Something to Make You Smile: connected to natural history, of course!
Photographs in categories 1-6 must have been taken in the British Isles.
- Any flora or fungi, photographed in the UK or overseas.
- Any fauna, photographed in the UK or overseas.
In addition a prize will be awarded for the overall best photograph.